The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Spirituality: Ideas for the Summer
10 Ways to Have a Spiritual Summer
By Mel Bikowski
1. Unplug the TV. TV is great for those that need to be entertained or to live vicariously through the characters of your favorite show, but it’s that time of year when the sun is out longer and the bees are buzzing happily around flowers. You should take the time to find out what you like to buzz around. Take the time to be outside or understand that feature of your best friend that you love so much. Collect seashells by the sea shore or go crystal hunting in the mountains. Embrace the love of summer and remember, you definitely cannot do it from the couch.
2. Swim in real water. All summer long the water is hot and the waves are kicking. Jump into those lakes, rivers, or even the ocean and cleanse yourself of the land and walking stresses of everyday life. To share a life motto that I stick by, the sea will set you free, and it's true. It will wash away and cleanse your deepest wounds and heal your spirit. Our blood has the equivalent amount of salt ratio as the ocean, so I am sure there is some sort of meaning in that. ;)
3. Gaze at the night sky. The night is brighter with the distillery of light swallowing the dark of winter. Look at the twinkle of the stars and just smile. Break out a book of poems and read them by candle light on a picnic blanket with your friends or family members and connect. Have a gathering with your friends for the Full Moon. Dance under the night, feel the power of the lunar love that is upon us. There is nothing more empowering then the light that shines through the dark night sky.
4.Walk barefoot. Learn the natural invitation of the Earth as you dig your toes into the sand or even the grass of your front yard. The natural temperature and pressure points of walking barefoot will decompress and ground you into your physical body. It will release the tension out of your lower back and feet so that you can be less concerned about stress and more focused on things like dancing in the rain!
5. Exchange small gifts, handmade or not handmade. I would suggest making them so you find even more pride in making the people you love smile. With our busy life, sometimes we forget to appreciate those that we care about the most, but seeing that small glimmer in their eye from a card or a small thoughtful item or even just a picked flower from the beach will make you feel ten times greater and the gratitude space is an infinite connection of energy.
6. Sit under a wise tree. Feel the wisdom of the trees around you and how they breath through the air and understand the deep secrets of the Earth. The protection and security of a tree will make you feel content in your meditation. Just think about life while sitting there or try and listen to the wind play in the leaves.
7. Pick up a new hobby. Enabling your mind to work new pathways of neurons will make you feel good naturally. Also, who doesn’t want to learn something they have been procrastinating on because of work? Pick up that paintbrush, take that Pilates class, write those poems you wanted to write, touch the top of the mountains. Listen to the call of your soul. Connect with it.
8. Consider burning fires. The beauty of the dancing fire will make you and the gathered friends around it have a sense of glee. The playfulness from a flame whether it’s burning a candle in your house or grilling out on a bonfire will create memories for you to look back on and smile.
9. Read something eternally pretty. Working the imagination with inspirational words, poetry, or just a book will exercise the mind and it’s an experience you can never gain from TV.
10. Absorb the rain & sun. As the sun plays in the blue skies, the Rain will humble our souls. Meditate on our surroundings and this life experience that we are faced with. We are blessed to be living on the great green Earth and what a beautiful way to connect with it then absorb the weather. Absorb each and every sensory outlet this summer and take it all in.
Breathe in deep the light of this time. Celebrate in these hotter months and get in touch with that spirit. Let is play, let it shine. Be blessed.
#Real #Summer #Spirituality #Nature #EnjoyTheOutdoors #Activities #Adventure
Visit our shop and subscribe. Sponsor us. Submit and become a contributor. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
8/8/2016 08:47:25 pm
Pam, You are Welcome! Glad you enjoyed them!
Comments are closed.