The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Get Over Your Second Day of the Week Blues
By Paisley Hibou
You can't wish Monday away, so banish any thought of fairy godmothers. It is Moon Day, from the Old English Mōnandæg. That name sounds pretty sturdy, just like the day it represents.You can't blow Monday off, except on the rare occasion when it's a holiday. Otherwise, forget it. Wake up bright and early because the sunshine won't let you sleep in too long, anyway. Shower. Brush your teeth. Put on a button-up. Eat a healthy breakfast, the kind with words like “flax” on the menu. You have work or school or errands. Monday is your dragon. But that doesn't mean you have to conquer it. A famous film taught us that we can train it instead.
Here five ways to make your Monday a little more tolerable:
1. Get the stuff you hate out of the way. Put it off and you'll only continue dreading it. Reserve your brain space for positive thoughts instead. Dread is not positive.
2. Think about the past weekend, especially the great parts. Your boss can't take those memories away from you. You killed that dance party. And that book you read? It was totally optional.
3. Make time for yourself. (Hey, those women's magazines you see in the check-out line are right about one thing.) Maybe it's only five minutes, but own those five minutes. Have a go-to lotion or doodle pad or something that nobody else can have.
4. Channel your favorite hero/heroine. How would she handle a yucky day? NOT BY MOPING. So start acting awesome until you feel awesome.
5. Plan the upcoming weekend. Because when the present sucks, there's always the future. There's something hugely satisfying about crossing days off of a physical calendar, too.
#MondayBlues #KillIt #CrushIt #OwnIt #HowTo