More specifically, follow these guidelines before submitting your video to us:
- Get the topic right. We are a niche publication. Don't send us a video of frat boys jammin' at the club (unless you can get them to wave magic wands and sing the "My Little Pony" theme song. Then we might be interested.) Check out the content we have already run, but don't let that limit you either. Interpret our tagline of "the imaginary, the nostalgic, and the otherworldly" with the eyes of a child and we might just dig your V-I-D-E-O.
- Avoid shaky cam--unless it's stylistic.
- Be careful with your audio. Your video shouldn't sound like you recorded it in a box. Be sure about your music choices, should you add a soundtrack.
- NO PIXELATION. Or at least not super-obvious pixelation (again, unless it's justified).
- You should be able to upload your video to YouTube and/or Vimeo. Please do not email us attachments of mini-videos. Send us a link to your video. We'll grab the embed code to put it on our website should we accept it.