The Ten ComMANdments
Hos before me.
2. Thou shalt not admit familiarity with a Broadway Show.
3. Thou shalt always watch the game.
4. Thou shalt never sneak-a-peek at the man using the urinal
adjacent to thou’s own.
5. Thou shalt speak softly, and carry thy big stick.
6. Thou shalt refer to number 1.
7. Thou shalt not cry, except at thy father’s funeral and
the end of Old Yeller.
8. Thou shalt never covet thy neighbor’s wife.
9. Thou shalt never act like thy neighbor’s wife.
10. You poke it, you own it.
Cameron Blais is a creative writing student at Pratt in Brooklyn, New York. This poem comes from his chapbook on performative masculinity.