Making Your Royal Throne
Everyone needs a good stool, even toads. But if the one sagging in your study reminds you more of a rained out garage sale than a Zen princess hang-out, it's time to get crafty.
• One stool
• An assortment of vintage storybooks (check your local thrift shop)
• Wood primer
• Acrylic paint
• A cup of water
• 2-4 paintbrushes
• Craft glue
• Glitter glue
Now here's what you do:
- Sand the stool.
- Coat the stool in primer.
- While the primer dries, tear out bits of illustrations from the storybooks.
- Once the primer has dried, begin gluing the bits of paper to the stool.
- Once the stool's entirely covered with bits of paper and the glue has dried, go over the stool with an acrylic wash.
- After the acrylic wash has dried, smear glitter glue either all over the paper or in select locations.
- Once the glitter glue has dried, cover the entire stool in fixative, making sure that all the paper lies flat agains the stool as you go along.
- Set the stool out to dry.
- Enjoy your made-over furniture!
Editor's Note: But if that's too much work, fledglings, The QB Crew has done all the work for you in our Etsy shop.