Spring Ahead in Your Wardrobe with Trends Fresh From the Runway
- Tangerine is THE it color for spring. I’ve seen it on the runway and right on down to the cover of a J. Crew catalog. Orange up your wardrobe this spring and summer.
- Color blocking is also popular. Giving off a retro mod vibe from the 60s, this trend is one that can accentuate all shapes and sizes. However, to some, I’m sure color blocking just looks like a hodge-podge of mismatched clothes. This video gives you a how-to to help. Try it in neon to really pump up your outfit!
- The midsection seems to be the new body part that’s suddenly sexy to show. Crop tops are the most seen that show this feature, but the runway even showed suits for the office with sections cut out to show off a little stomach! I don’t know if we should go that far, but a crop top with a skinny jean is very fashionable this spring, and with the temperatures starting to rise, it might keep you cool too!
- When looking for new pieces [or using old pieces from your closet or vintage pieces at your favorite thrift store] keep big bold prints in mind, as well as metallic colors. The prints seen on the runway were large floral prints, tribal prints and usually something with birds. Reminds you of a really hip Hawaiian shirt! Metallics are metallics – use one pieces for the emphasis and tone down the rest of the outfit.
- Last but not least, hair. The pixie cut still reigns supreme – Mara Rooney, Emma Watson and Michelle Williams are all rocking cute, super short cuts. If you simply can’t part with your hair, medium length hair can go with a good bob or pin and pile that hair up on top! Long hair can do the loose, beach waves that come back every spring and summer, a simple messy ponytail or channel some Katniss Everdeen, the smart and sassy Hunger Games heroine, and do a simply yet striking waterfall braid.